The Perlman Music Program, an educational classical music program for outstanding string players led by Toby and Itzhak Perlman, is seeking a part-time Alumni Coordinator.
Founded by Toby Perlman in 1994, The Perlman Music Program (PMP) offers unparalleled musical training to young string players of rare and special talent. With a world-class faculty led by Itzhak Perlman and a signature summer program on Shelter Island, PMP is developing the future leaders of classical music within a nurturing and supportive community.
The part-time Alumni Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development to foster strong and productive relationships between the Perlman Music Program and its 500+ alumni. The ideal candidate will be passionate about classical music and the musicians’ community, creative and a self-starter, who will be actively involved in defining and developing this new position. The position will require flexible hours with 15-20 weekly hours in the Program’s NYC office, and occasional weekends at the Program's campus on Shelter Island, NY.
Specifically, the Alumni coordinator will:
- Plan, implement and promote alumni events that support the Program's mission
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records. Capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects, correspondence, website, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, social media and print publications.
- Educate students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs and projects
- Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from alumni where relevant
- Oversee and balance the budget for Alumni Relations
- Staff concerts and events in NYC, Shelter Island, and beyond.
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team
Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
Computer skills, including Microsoft office, website backend content management, data entry and management (Raiser’s Edge)
BA degree or higher
Knowledge of classical music preferred
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Anna Kaplan at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.