Job Post: Development Coordinator
Hiring Fall 2019
Development Coordinator (new position, Fall 2019)
Founded by Toby Perlman in 1994, The Perlman Music Program (PMP) offers unparalleled musical training to young string players of rare and special talent. With a world-class faculty led by Itzhak Perlman and a signature summer program on Shelter Island, PMP is developing the future leaders of classical music within a nurturing and supportive community. The Perlman Music Program recently celebrated its 25th Anniversary and proudly counts more than 700 alumni around the world who are changing the face of classical music.
The Perlman Music Program is seeking a Development Coordinator to join the Development team. This person is responsible for executing logistics and analytics for the fast-growing Virtuoso Membership Society, a crucial component of PMP’s annual fundraising focused on donors between $1 - $2,500.
The Development Coordinator will have the opportunity to collaborate with PMP development and program staff to grow the Virtuoso Society through effective donor and prospect communication, new and exciting events and member benefits, and meaningful donor engagement.
- Point person for four annual print/digital appeals. Collaborate with the team to set parameters, gather components, and obtain timely approvals. Work with design and print vendors to manage production timelines and budget.
- Oversee the Raiser’s Edge NXT database to pull and segment lists, manage updates, track appeal performance, and support data hygiene. Prepare and refresh lists for mailings, event invitations, progress updates, portfolio meetings, and other projects as requested.
- Engage donors by email, phone, and in person in NYC and on the East End of Long Island, where the PMP Campus is located. In a typical year, the Development Coordinator will represent PMP at approx. 5-7 evening events in NYC, and approx. 20-25 events on the East End (mainly consisting of evening concerts during the summer months). During visits to the East End, travel costs will be reimbursed, meals will be provided, and optional housing will be offered.
- Oversee donations for the Summer Auction, a crucial component of PMP’s annual fundraising and summer gala event. Work with volunteers and donors to procure, value, and bundle items. Write descriptions and source photos for the online auction platform.
The ideal candidate will bring to the role:
- One - three years of experience in a fundraising environment
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge NXT or other database
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and interest in graphic design
- Interest in growing a career in fundraising and development
- Enthusiasm about joining a small, collegial, mission-focused team where flexibility and communication are highly valued.
To apply, submit a one-page resume and one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Coordinator”. No phone calls, please.